In today’s world, where everybody is continually working towards a healthy body and mind, it is essential to know what all one can do to ensure healthy living. Research suggests to do some physical activity for 30-45 minutes daily and to eat healthily. Following both the suggestions, one can live a healthy life with minimal risks of diseases and excellent immunity. To eat healthy, it is vital to know what exactly are you consuming. There are two types of nutrients that we derive from food: Micros and Macros. Both of these nutrients play a significant role in providing calories to our body.
Let’s start by learning what macros actually are.
What are macros?
Macronutrients, which are also known as macros, are the nutrients in food items that you consume. The name macros come from the fact our body requires it in large quantities. Every food item has carbohydrates, fats, and many other nutrients. When we talk about macros, we only consider the nutrients that are required in higher amounts. Carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamin, and fiber are considered macros rest all other nutrients are regarded as micros.
Why is it important to track macros?
When you start eating healthy or begin new diet, it is essential to keep a check on the number of calories you are consuming per day. Not only this, dieticians and nutritionists suggest that you should maintain a journal of macros in the food. Tracking the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins helps you to know what exactly your body is gaining from the food. People who want to lose weight have to cut down on carbs. It is vital for them to keep a record of their carb intake because. different diets have different nutritional requirements . This makes it easy to eat healthily and keep a check on the daily intake of such macros.
Now the question arises, how do you track your macros? Well, multiple food scales are available in the market,specifically designed to measure macros in the food. These scales are easy to use and also a must-buy for a healthy lifestyle. To make it easy for you guys, I have listed of all the best food scales for macros that you can read below. Also, to help beginners, I have included a short brief on how to count macros in food.
Best Food Scale for Macros
1. Inevifit Digital Kitchen Food Scale for Macros
Inevifit is the customer’s number one choice when it comes to buying an excellent quality macro scale. The scale has a good stainless-steel platform to weigh meals and to track nutrients. The multifunction capabilities of the scale allow the user to measure liquid volumes as well. It is equipped with an upgraded sensor that can precisely weigh up to 13 lbs ( 6 kgs) in 0.04 oz ( 1 g) increments. This digital scale is one of the options that you can consider if you have just started eating healthy or even if you are a fitness professional. Batteries are also included with the scale.
- The digital scale has a sleek and elegant look along with a large backlit LCD.
- There are smart features like Auto-Off for battery saving, Tare function ( Zeroing for net weight), Units conversion, and also a low battery indicator.
- As the scale is made of high-quality materials exclusively, the scale is durable and can be used outside the kitchen.
- It allows the user to weigh items with a plastic bowl or container with the help of Tare function.
- It comes with a 5-year manufacturer warranty and 24/7 customer support.
2. Mackie Digital Kitchen Scale for Macros
The next one in this list is the Mackie Digital Kitchen Scale. It comes with 0.035 oz ( 1 g) accuracy. There are 160 common foods already printed on the scale to weigh those items easily and quickly. You can easily calculate your daily intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and the fiber content of the food. Just place the food item on the scale and click on the food code to get the result in minutes. It has a carb counter, calorie, and micro calculator that makes it convenient for you to lose fat and maintain a healthy intake. One of the other good things about buying this product is that this company donates a certain profit portion towards saving the world’s honey bees.
- The glass top of the scale durable, thick, anti-microbial, and shatterproof.
- It can be used to weigh anything from foods, liquids, recipes even postage and small packages.
- It has the biggest backlit LCD in the market and is also easy to use.
- This macro scale is the only scale that displays accuracy of 0.0-0.9 with the ability to add 999 more.
- It comes with a 5-year bumper to bumper manufacturer’s warranty along with customer support that is available 24/7.
3. Wasserstein Digital Nutrition Scale
Now save space and up your decor game by selecting this Wasserstein Digital Nutrition Scale. The scale is exceptionally user-friendly and accurate. It gives all the crucial information about calorie, carbohydrates, protein, fat, cholesterol content, etc. at just a push of a button. As the scale is sleek, slim, and compact, you can place it anywhere. The scale also comes with a food manual with alphabetized codes for almost 999 food items. It also has memory function to save all the nutritional data from the food and calculate the sum. Two AA batteries are included with the scale.
- The scale has a function of memory to store recent food items.
- It has an easy-to-clean black onyx tempered glass on the top.
- The scale also has four sensors that precisely measures weight within 0.1 oz/ 1 g accurately.
- It has an easy units conversion to between oz, lbs, gm, and ml.
- There is a large LCD on it to help the users to see the readings without facing any obstacles.
4. Ellessi Food Weight Scale for Macros
This scale has to be my favorite when it comes to digital food scale. You need to turn on the dial to power up, and the scale is ready to use. It has a sleek design that makes it look great on the kitchen countertops and is also suitable for storing it when not in use. It can be used for measuring items while baking and cooking, food portion control, measuring coffee grounds for pour over coffee, and also for weighing postage and jewelry. This multifunctionality of the scale makes it the most versatile option in the list. You can keep a check on carbs, fats, proteins, etc. to achieve your nutritional goals every day. It has a large LCD to display readings and a Tare function to reset the weight to zero.
- The scale is equipped with anti-fingerprint technology so that there are no smudged fingerprints on it.
- As it is a digital scale, there is no requirement of buying batteries.
- It is easy to clean the stainless steel platform because it has an anti-bacterial surface. This platform provides a safe surface to place your food directly on the scale.
- The scale is portable and can be taken anywhere when you are traveling.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime support.
5. Digital Touch Kitchen Food Scale
The last one in this list is the Digital Touch Kitchen food scale. It is excellent to use for those who are searching for a slim scale that fits perfectly in small kitchens. The scale is suitable for home cooks as well as chefs. You don’t need to worry about the weight of container while weighing any food item as there is a “Tare” function that subtracts the weight of the container from the final result. The measurements are accurate, and it shows results in both US and international standard units of measurement. It is also equipped with low batteries and overload indicators.
- The scale has touch-sensitive buttons making it easy to use it.
- There is one touch Unit and Tare function to allow quick change of measurements and resetting the weight to zero respectively.
- It also has four new GFX sensors that provide accurate measurement from 0.1 oz to 11 lbs.
- The tempered glass of the scale is four times stronger than the regular glass making it more durable.
- Along with the scale, the pack includes a set of measuring spoons, ultra-soft non-abrasive cloth and a set of 2 AAA batteries.
For the beginners who are confused about how to count the macros, I am going to share some tips and a short method of calculating it.
How to count macros in food?
It is vital to decide the daily calorie intake before starting a diet. You can ask your dietician about suitable calorie consumption and make a chart accordingly. If your diet is for 2000-calories, then it should consist of 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein.
Keep in mind that there are
- Four calories per gram of carbohydrates you eat.
- Nine calories per gram of fats in your diet.
- Four calories per gram of proteins in food.
Calculate the daily requirement of carbs, proteins, and fats like this:
40% of carbs for 2000 calories = 40 X 2000 / 100 = 800 calories
Therefore total carbohydrates in grams = 800/4 = 200 grams.
So it means you can consume 200 grams of carbohydrates in a day.
Similarly, you can count the macros for fats and proteins. To make it short, I am directly sharing the calories for fats and proteins.
Fats = 600 calories per day, which means 67 grams of fats in a day.
Proteins = 600 calories per day sum up to 150 grams of proteins.
So for counting macros, you need to jot down the daily calorie intake and the measurements of macros in each food item. This way you can keep the record of macros in your food and follow the diet accordingly.
I hope this article provided with all the information regarding Marcos, it’s importance along with the method of measuring it. The products that I have mentioned are all highly appreciated by the customers and will definitely be helpful to you for keeping the check on calories and macros in your food. Stay healthy and eat healthy!